Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet Paula, One of the Flea.o.logy Three!

Hi, my name is Paula and I live in Payson in an unusual historic home which was built in the late 1800's.  The thing that makes the house unusual is that it was built in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, which was normally reserved for commercial and school buildings. (It is also the house where the flea.o.logy sales are held.) 
 I have been smitten by antiques in general since visiting my friend Debbie's grandmother's historic and restored home in Hoytsville when I was 9 years old.

My husband Scott and I bought our Payson home after I saw it while junquing with a fellow antique dealer at an Estate Sale held at the house.  My antiquing partner Trish was married to a real estate agent, so it's not to hard to see how I ended up finding the house of my dreams at an estate sale in 1997.

At some point I will post a picture tour of my house, but for today I am going to focus on my life as an antique dealer.   I moved into my first antique mall in 1995 along with Trish.  We shared a booth at Flamingo Road for several years.

Since then I have been in 8 different antique malls, have participated in several flea markets, and have done antique shows with three different companies.  I am currently working at Treasures Antiques in Springville, and showing at the Walter Larsen Show in Salt Lake, and the Acorn Show in Ogden.

I have also been active in drafting other like minded individuals and doing flea markets at my home in Payson since 2005.
I am including a sampling of items in which I specialize.  These pictures were taken at the beginning of the Acorn Antique Show in Ogden that was just held in February.

This picture shows my bent towards Victorian Antiques, my first love.

In this picture you see another weakness of mine.  That is for children's toys, books and dolls.

I also like items with a French flair, as indicated by the French Boudoir doll, the Paris Fashion prints, busts, candlesticks and the wonderful purse.

This is a close up of the Easter display I put together at the show.  I have always loved antique, vintage and even good reproductions of holiday items.  I go a little crazy at my house at Christmas time, I won't deny it.

This is a picture of the store where I currently work two days a week.  If you haven't been to Treasures Antiques, on the I-15 West Frontage road between the two Springville Exits, you are truly missing something.  We have 22,000 square feet and 65 dealers between our two stores, for some of the very best antique shopping in Utah!

And of course this is me, snuggled in with two of the ten most precious Treasures that adorn my life, Grandchildren.  (Meet Scott and Eva!)

Jennifer and Cathie will soon be posting their own personal spotlights to give you a chance to see what they most dearly love and specialize in.  Don't forget to come back now, hear?!

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever buy items from people to sell? I have a national sewing machine treadle and table I would like to part with. I can send pictures and have my husband bring it down your way to look at. I am in saratoga springs
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete